Tuesday, March 4, 2014

WQ Hans

 This week I learned about rebuilding a Horton fan clutch and I also took some time to read up how this system functions. I also had to locate the kit I wanted for this fan clutch even though I had the part number for what fan clutch it is, so I went on Horton's website and was able to quickly find the part number of what I wanted and info on this fan clutch.
 
This is a Horton HT/S series fan clutch. This unit is normally closed, so it has no air going to the clutch until the solenoid valve is opened by either the thermal switch, manual over ride switch, or the a/c pressure switch. In this case there is no manual over ride switch. This fan clutch is also set up with what is called a system sentry. The sentry is a small torx plug and it is designed so that if the fan clutch gets to hot the center melts out of it to by pass air to unlock the clutch, this is to protect the fan clutch from damage. The system sentry has a melting point of 600 degrees ferenheit. The fan clutch can also be manually locked up by inserting two 5/16" grade eight bolts into two holes on the fan clutch.
 
  
 

1 comment:

  1. Thoughtful as always Hans. You now know more about this clutch fan than I do. Nice pics too.

    ReplyDelete