Tuesday, April 23, 2013

SPQ13 Hans


This week I decided that I was gonna take apart a starter because I had never really thought of actually doing that before and I have a couple of old starters laying around. This is actually really simple to do and there is not much to. It is also super easy to replace the brushes in this starter.
This is the starter solenoid. I took the top off of it to try and figure out what happens in it when you turn the key

This is an old power window switch that I took apart to see how it functions inside. It has some copper strips in it with some bends on them and they rock back and forth on the center contacts. It has a very simple operation but it is easy to see how it can get moisture in it and corrode one of the contacts and cause it to fail.

this week = 32,   total = 91

No comments:

Post a Comment