Monday, February 4, 2013

Week 5

This week I did two more valve adjustments and that finished off our list of busses that needed valve adjustments for now. I also did some more LOF's on some of the smaller busses. They were newer buses so I didnt find any problems or things that needed repair on them.

I learned that a common problem that busses have is water leaks inside of them. All of the seams and all the lights can eventually develop leaks, which is sometimes due to driver error when they hit stuff. To find the leaks we blew air around the lights and seams and someone would sit inside the bus and listen for air coming through. So we got to spend some time taking off light and resealing them with silicone.

                                                   Fuel filter on an International dt466

This week =40, total =118

1 comment:

  1. Do they have the special socket for those IH fuel filters? They probably do, but if not I'll bring one to show them when I come down.

    Water leaks...seems easy, but it can de difficult to find. I had a car once that...Oh, some other time. (;

    ReplyDelete