Tuesday, February 11, 2014

WQ Hans

 This week I disassembled a ford 5000 engine to inspect it, rering it and put it all back together. I also learned how to use a dial bore gauge to make sure that this engine never had an over bore done to it or anything. At first I was told that this was an early production 4.2" bore 5000 engine, but after measuring the bores and looking at the head gasket I discovered that it was actually a later production 4.4 bore 5000 engine.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After looking at some of the intake valves I noticed that one of the intake valve retainers looked different than the rest of them. In the picture the one on the right is the retainer that's different, the top doesn't have the curve to it that the other one has.
 
On the left is the valve keeper that's different from the bottom side compared to what the other ones looked like. 
  

1 comment:

  1. Something is off with those spring retainers. Is the odd one for an exhaust valve?

    ReplyDelete