Monday, May 19, 2014

SQ Hans

This week I learned about testing different sensors. One of them was a temp sensor, on this sensor I hooked the leads from my meter to each end of the sensor and tested the resistance through the sensor. Then I was able to use hot and cold air to make the sensor function and watch the resistance go up and down.

I also learned about three wire pressure sensors. These sensors have one ground wire a signal wire and a voltage reference wire. When pressure is applied to these sensors a plate inside the sensor moves to make contact and send out a signal voltage that is equal to or less than the voltage reference. The amount of voltage sent out is determined by the pressure put on the sensor and then that voltage reading is displayed on a gauge as a pressure reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment