Monday, May 12, 2014

SQ Hans

 This week I was doing a starting testing on an international truck that wouldn't crank over. I didn't have to get any parts for this truck because as I found out the spot where you test or dont test can mean the difference between new parts or just tightening a loose nut.
 
You can see the black spot on the post on the solenoid where there was a loose connection. This is where the point that you test makes a difference because on the solenoid post I got 12v and at the bar that goes between the post and the starter I got 0v
 
 
This was what is left from the last start before the truck wouldn't crank. A lock washer that was barely making contact, because of a nut that had loosened up,until the starting current melted it in half. The other half of the washer was welded to the nut. 
 
 
 
 I also completed my engine research worksheets
 


 
this week = 60
 

No comments:

Post a Comment