Monday, November 4, 2013

FQ Hans

This week I was testing on my truck why the turn signals on the right side would blink faster than the turn signals on the left. It was pretty obvious that the relay for the turn signal flashers was going bad. I had also found out that the way the bulb for the turn signals in the tail lights goes in makes a difference. The bulb for the blinker is also a bulb for the tail lights and brake lights. I had put a bulb in the wrong way on one of them so you could see the turn signal light when the tail lights where. So after I saw that was going on I tested to make sure I had proper voltage and the I looked at the bulb and realized the filaments were different sizes. So I switched the bulb around and it worked fine again.

Week = 51 , total = 260

1 comment:

  1. The best lessons are the ones you learn on your own. Now you know that the tangs/tabs on that 2057 bulb are spaced differently on each side. You'll never forget to look now, eh?

    ReplyDelete