Monday, August 5, 2013

Summer quarter Hans

This week I was working on a 2000 Dodge pickup trying to figure out why the power windows and the blower motor weren't working. At first I tested the switch to making sure it had power going to it and it did, but after I looked at the wiring diagram that we had I found out that was the power wire for the door locks and not the power windows. So then I  started checking the fuse and it was good. Then I looked at the wiring diagram to see where the wires for the windows go to but that didn't help any since we didn't have a very good wiring diagram. Since we knew the windows and blower motor only work while the truck is in the run position one of the guys suggested that I check at the ignition switch. So after u got the plastic covers off the problem was very easy to see. The wire that sends power for the power window and blower motor had pulled apart from the connector, which had most likely happened cause of how tight the wire was when the tilt steering was put all the way up.

Week = 52 ,  total = 223

No comments:

Post a Comment